- Study Programs
- LL.B. Degree
- LL.B. in Combined Programs
- International Programs
- M.A. for no legal practitioners
- LL.M. Degree with Thesis
- Commercial Law Center
- Law Clinics
Prof. Bell Abraham
Room 101, new wing
meetings should be coordinated in advance
Property law and theory, public international law and theory, public law.
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, The Giving and Taking of Property (forthcoming, 2012).
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Should Decreases in Property Value Caused By Regulations Be Compensated?, in Land Policies and Property Rights (Gregory K. Ingram & Yu-Hung Hong, eds., forthcoming, 2009).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, Land Burdens in the Service of Conservation, in Proceedings, Towards a Unified System of Land Burdens? (Sjef Van Erp & Bram Akkermans, eds., 2006).
- Private Takings, 76 U. Chi. L. Rev. (forthcoming, 2009).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, The Evolution and Devolution of Private Property, 10 Theoretical Inquiries L. (forthcoming, 2009).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, Reconfiguring Property in Three Dimensions, 75 U. Chi. L. Rev.(Forthcoming, 2008).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, Taking Compensation Private, 59 Stan. L. Rev. 871 (2007).
- The Dispensable United Nations, Debate: Is the United Nations Still Relevant?, 155 U. Penn. L. Rev. PENNumbra 74 (2006).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, The Uselessness of Public Use, 106 Colum. L. Rev. 1412 (2006).
- Abraham Bell& Gideon Parchomovsky, Of Property and Federalism, 115 Yale L. J. 72 (2005).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, A Theory of Property, 90 Cornell L. Rev. 531 (2005).
- Abraham Bell& Gideon Parchomovsky, Of Property and Anti-Property, 102 Mich.L. Rev. 1 (2004).
- Not Just Compensation, 13 J. Contemp. Legal Issues 29 (2003).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, Pliability Rules, 101 Mich.L. Rev. 1 (2002).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, Givings, 111 Yale L. J. 547 (2001).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, Takings Reassessed, 87 Va.L. Rev. 271 (2001).
- Abraham Bell & Gideon Parchomovsky, The Integration Game, 100 Colum. L. Rev. 1965 (2000).
- Is Israel Bound by International Law to Supply Utilities, Goods, and Services to Gaza?, Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs policy paper, 7 Jerusalem Issue Brief No. 33 (28 Feb. 2008).
- International Law and Gaza: The Assault on Israel's Right to Self-Defense, Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs policy paper, 7 Jerusalem Issue Brief No. 29 (28 Jan. 2008).
- How Should Israel Respond to War Crimes Accusations from the War in Lebanon?, Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs policy paper, 6 Jerusalem Issue Brief No. 13 (9 Nov. 2006).
- Abraham Bell & Laurence Rothenberg, Israel's Anti-Terror Fence: The World Court Case, Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs (View points #513) (15 Feb. 2004).
S.J.D. Harvard Law School.
J.D. University of Chicago, Law School (with Honors, Order of the Coif, University of Chicago Law Review).
B.A. University of Chicago, The College (with General and Special Honors).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Fall 2008: Visiting Professor, University of Connecticut School of Law.
Fall 2003 - Fall 2007: Visiting Professor, Fordham University School of Law.
Property and Theories of Property, Real Estate Taxation and Zoning Law, Economic Analysis of Law, International Law, Administrative Law, Laws of War, Arab-Israeli Conflict.
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC AFFILIATIONS:
Member, American Law and Economics Association.
Member, Israel Law and Economics Association.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
2008-2010 Israel Science Foundation Grant.
2008 Ihel Foundation Research Grant.
2006-2009 Alon Award (Ministry of Education).
2000-2001 John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Business at Harvard Law School.
99-422-01 Theories of Property
99-506-01 Israeli-Arab Conflict
99-553-01 Advanced Topics in Property Law
99-927-01 Land Taxation
99-993-01 Law, Economics & Business