Prof. Hahn David
Bankruptcy Law: Corporate Liquidation and Reorganization; Individual Bankruptcy - Theory and Policy Consderations; Corporate law
- Bankruptcy Law (2009).
Remedies for Conveyances of Corporate Property and Inadequate Capital: The Protection of Creditors of an Insolvent Corporation, Mishpatim (forthcoming, 2010).
- The Liability of Directors for the Delay in the Initiation of an Insolvency Case, 6/2 Corporations 25 (2009).
- What Constitutes "Personal Interest" of an Officer in the Approval of a Corporate Transaction, 49/1 "Ha'praklit" 93 (2007).
- Subordination of Claims in Bankruptcy, 23 Bar-Ilan L. Stud. (2007).
- Should Shareholders Approve the Issuance of Stock?, 6 Kiryat Hamishpat 149 (2006).
- Kiduhei Ha-Tzaffon: A Supreme Court Decision Only on Paper?, 2/5 Corporations 3 (2006).
- Managerial Services Agreements as Concealed Dividends, 2/4 Corporations 35 (2005).
- Shareholders' Involvement in Stock Offerings - Between Private Placement, Controlling Shareholder's Self-Dealing Transactions and Tender Offers,2/3 Corporations 97 (2005).
- The Return of the Reservation of Title Clause,28 Tel-Aviv L. Rev. 97 (2004).
- The Evolution of Corporate Reorganization Law between 1995-2002: From the Knesset to the Ministry of Justice via the Courts, 5 Kiryat Ha'Mishpat 3 (2004).
- Cramdown of Merger Transactions on Dissenting Shareholders, 32(2) Mishpatim 419 (2002).
- Adequate Protection of Secured Claims in Corporate Reorganizations, 32(1) Mishpatim 247 (2002).
- 'Company Liquidation' by Zipora Cohen (book review), 16 Bar-Ilan L. Stud. 487 (2001).
- Transfer of Value to a Creditor and Assignment of Value by a Creditor: On Preferences in a Debtor's Bankruptcy, 16 Bar-Ilan L. Stud. 197 (2001).
- Floating Charges in Circular Priorities, 15 Bar-Ilan L. Stud. 117 (1999).
- Security Interests as Property Rights, in The Weisman Book - A Book in Honor of Professor Joshua Weisman 43 (Shalom Lerner & Daphna Levinson-Zamir eds. 2002).
- The Financial Crisis of 2009 - Have Reorganization Proceedings In Emerging Markets Gone Bankrupt? Israel as a Case Study, 12(3) U. Penn.J. Bus. L. (forthcoming, 2010).
- Velvet bankruptcy , 7 Theoretical Inquiries in Law 523 (2006).
- When Bankruptcy Meets Antitrust: The Case for Non-Cash Auctions in Concentrated Banking Markets, 11(1) Stanford J. L. Bus. & Fin. 28 (2005).
- The Formative Decade of Israel's Reorganization Law: 1995-2004, 14 Int'l Insolvency Rev. 121 (2005).
- Concentrated Ownership and Control of Corporate Reorganizations, 4 J. Corp. L. Stud. 117 (2004).
- Chapter 28 - Israel, in Collier's International Business Insolvency Guide (2001).
Work in progress
1. Self-Interest in a Corporate Transaction.
1996-1997 J.S.D., New York University School of Law, NY, NY, dissertation on "Floating Charges in Corporate Reorganizations".
1994-1995 LL.M., New-York University School of Law, NY, graduated in the LL.M. corporations program.
1989-1993 LL.B., Bar-Ilan University Law School (magna cum laude).
VISITS (INCLUDING POST-DOCTORATE) IN ACADEMIC INSTITUTES ABROAD:
2001-2002 Visiting Professor, Teaching Corporations Law, Fordham Law School, New-York.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
2000-2004 Bar-Ilan University Law School: Director of LL.M. studies for lawyers and accountants, Former Director of the Center for Commercial Law.
2002-2003 Tel-Aviv University, Law Faculty, Adjunct.
1999-2003 Hebrew University Law School, Jerusalem, Israel, Adjunct Lecturer: Teaching Corporate Law & seminar on Bankruptcy Law Theory.
1996-1997 Gordon, Altman, Butowsky , New-York, NY, Associate in the corporate department: Reviewed loan agreements for corporate finance transactions, Drafted legal opinions on securities laws matters, Practiced corporate bankruptcy matters in bankruptcy sub-department.
1994 Yigal Arnon & Co. Tel-Aviv, Israel, Legal Trainee, Drafted major corporate litigation documents.
1993 Supreme Court of Israel, Jerusalem, Israel, Clerk to the Honorable Gabriel Bach: Researched legal material Drafted opinions for Justice Bach in civil and criminal appeals cases.
1989-1993 Bar-Ilan University Law School: Teaching assistant in Corporate Law.
Corporate Law, Bankruptcy Law, Commercial Law: Payment Instruments.
LAW REVIEW EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERSHIP:
1989-1993 Bar-Ilan University Law School: Assistant editor of the law school's law review
AWARDS, SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS:
2005 Winner (With Dr. Yuval Feldman) of the Aaron Meir Foundation for Banking Research Grant for Conducting an Experimental Research Regarding Decision Making in Credit Giving.
2001 Rector Prize for Best Teacher.
1999 Bar-Ilan University Law School, Top ranked teacher in the law school.
1999 Avigdor Baor Fund Awardee.
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND TALKS ORGANIZED:
2005 Coordinator of the Faculty Workshop.
2001 Coordinator of the Alternative Seminar Forum for Faculty Members, Bar-Ilan University.
PARTICIPATION IN OTHERS' CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND INVITED LECTURES:
2005 Conference "Personal Bankruptcy in the 21st Century" Presented Paper: The Problem of Shareholders' Guarantees and Their Eventual Bankruptcy, Cegla Center, Tel-Aviv University.
2003 Conference, "Overruling 'Colombo'", Presented Paper: The Problems Created by the Supreme Court's New Holding as it pertains to Corporate Recorganization Law. Bar-IlanUniversity Law Faculty (Commercial Law Center).
2003 INSOL Academics' Meeting in Las Vegas, NV- a paper on Israel's judiciary approach to selling firms undergoing reorganization.
2000 Conference "The New Companies Act" Presented Paper: The Coercion Mechanism on a Dissenting Team in Corporate Mergers - Hebrew University Law Faculty.
INVOLVEMENT IN NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC COMMITTEES/PRIZE COMMITTEES:
Chaired LL.B. curriculum reform committee.
SUPERVISION OF RESEARCH STUDENTS:
Supervising LL.M. Thesis.
REFEREE OF ACADEMIC PROJECTS/ARTICLES/BOOKS:
Reviewing various articles submitted to "Bar-Ilan Studies in Law" in my research fields; Also, reviewing Articles Submitted to the "Tel-Aviv University Law Review" on the Subject of Collateralizing Rights.
2004-2005 Member of the Audit Committee in the liquidation of the Trade Bank, Ltd.
99-622-01 דיני חברות
99-622-06 דיני חברות
99-738-02 אחריות תאגידים ונושאי משרה