Dr. Golan Luzon
Years 2011-2015: Ph.D. Bar-Ilan University Law School [The Effects of Deterministic Discourse on the Liability Requirement - Revisiting the Restorative Justice Model, Supervisor: Prof. Alberstein Michal]
Years 2008-2010: LL.M. Bar-Ilan University Law School
Years 2003-2007: LL.B. Bar-Ilan University Law School
Professional Experience and Appointments
Years 2010-2015: Research Assistant, Bar-Ilan University
Years 2008-2015: A member of the Israeli Bar Association
Years 2007-2008: Yigal Arnon & Co Law Firm (internship)
Honors and Awards (including Membership in Professional Societies):
2015 - A dissertation grant for promoting research in philosophy - Switzerland - Israel Foundation
2011 - President's Scholars Scholarship (Ph.D.) - Bar-Ilan University
2010 - Master's Fellowship for outstanding students - Bar-Ilan University
Other Noteworthy Activities and Skills
Years 2003-2007: Journalist and editor - Maariv (newspaper).
1. Challenges Shared by Restorative Justice and Strict Liability in the Absence of Mens Rea, New Criminal Law Review, University of California Press, Volume 19, No 4, 2016.
2. Normative Responsibility and Restorative Justice, Restorative Justice an International Journal, Taylor & Francis, Volume 4, Issue 1, 2016.
3. The Paradox of Military Tribunals that Try Civilians, Quinnipiac Law Review, Volume 36, No 4, 2017.
4. Criminalizing Sexual Harassment, The Journal of Criminal Law, SAGE, Volume 81 Issue 5, 2017.
5. The Muslim/Arab Sulha and the Restorative Justice Model: Same Purpose, Different Approach, Cardozo J. Conflict Resolution, Volume 19, No 2, 2018.
Jurisprudence, moral philosophy, criminal law, punishment theories and restorative justice