Journal of Law, Religion and State
The study of law and religion is a thriving area of research that is enjoying a recent surge of rich and fruitful scholarship. We notice a lack of venue among existing law journals for the publication and interaction of scholars on an international cross-cultural basis. Therefore, the Faculty of Law of Bar Ilan University has decided to launch a new peer-reviewed journal that aims to provide an international forum for the study of the interactions between religion, law and State.
The focus of the journal will be on the following:
· Legal and political aspects of various religious traditions;
· Comparative research of various legal religious traditions;
· Exploration of the interrelations between diverse religious, legal and political traditions;
· Studies of the relations between religion, law and state.
The Journal will publish two volumes a year: one volume will include selected papers presented at the annual conference. The other will publish unsolicited submissions.
The Journal is published by Brill/Martinus Nijhoff Publishers and is supported by a generous gift of Romie and Esther Tager of London, UK.
International Conferences of Journal of Law, Religion and State
1. Religious Education in a Democratic State, Bar-Ilan University, June 6 - 8, 2010
2. Religious Law and State Affairs, Bar-Ilan University, May 29 - 31, 2011
3. Revelation and Interpretation: Legal Interpretation of Religious Texts, NYU, September 11-12, 2012.
4. דת וקיצוניות פוליטית, אוניברסיטת בר-אילן, 21.5.2012
5. Religion and Equality, Bar-Ilan University, June 9-11, 2015.